AshevilleNow is committed to protecting the personal privacy of visitors and guests using its Internet site.
- AshevilleNow will not release personally identifiable information without consent.
- AshevilleNow will allow the user to control certain aspects of the information voluntarily submitted.
- AshevilleNow encourages its site users to communicate privacy concerns and AshevilleNow will respond to such concerns.
Scope of Policy
Definitions of Types of Information
Personally identifiable information is information or other data that may specifically identify an individual user. In order for you to access certain services, we require you to provide us with such Personal Information. Personal Information may include: (i) Contact Data (such as your name, mailing and e-mail addresses); and (ii) Demographic Data (such as your zip code, age and income). If you communicate with us by e-mail or otherwise complete online forms, surveys or contest entries, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information.
Traffic Data shall not be considered personally identifiable information or Personal Information. Traffic Data is information on a user's patterns of access and usage of the sites. We automatically track and collect the following information when you visit our Site, including your: (i) IP address; (ii) domain server; (iii) type of computer; and (iv) type of web browser. Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful for marketing purposes or for improving your experience on our Site. We also use "cookies" as a method to gain dependable and consistent Traffic Data. "Cookies" are anonymous and do not personally identify you. You may also turn off cookies in your browser.
How does AshevilleNow use the information?
- Keeping count of return visits to our site or our advertisers' or partners' sites.
- Accumulating and reporting anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical information on Web-site and advertisement usage
- Determining which features our overall user population likes best.
- Saving your password so you don't have to re-enter it each time you visit our site.
- Displaying the most appropriate advertising or content based on your interests.
How does AshevilleNow share the information?
Personally Identifiable Information
We do everything in our power to keep your personal information safe and we do not share any personally identifying information with third parties.
In certain special cases, we may disclose your personally identifiable information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to you, or otherwise injuring or interfering with AshevilleNow's rights, property or operations, other AshevilleNow site users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. We may also disclose your personally identifiable information when we believe the law requires it, or in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation, or civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case, administrative investigation or investigation conducted by AshevilleNow. We shall have no obligation to inform you of our compliance with the law, including without limitation a response to a law enforcement request or a valid subpoena.