Why You Should Put More Thought Into Your Golf Cart Wheels
Many people opt to supe-up their golf carts. Adding rims, custom paint jobs, new lights, some can make their golf cart the envy of others. But not many people think of enhancing the tires.
Although it may seem obvious, it's important to distinguish the fact that the wheels on your golf cart not only dictate the maneuverability of the cart, but also which sort of terrain it can handle as well as effect the appearance of the cart itself.
If this is your first time looking at purchasing a new set of tires, price will more likely be the determining factor. But the more you use your cart, you'll begin to notice how it handles on the green, pavement, sand etc.
When looking at tires, you'll be able to group them into two main categories depending on their size and tread style. Most carts will have an equal balance between handling on-road and off-road usage. But as you'll see below, some tires are made especially for muddy and tough terrain.
When you're out shopping for some tires, you should ask yourself, "Where will my cart be going?" Will it be used mainly on on-road, off-road, lush greens, sand... Try not to pick your tires by taking the advice of others as they may use their carts differently than how you plan.
The first thing to look at when choosing the wheels of a golf cart is the rim of the wheels. When choosing the rims, it's important to make sure that they correspond to the size of the actual tire to assure the best fit.
In addition to the size or circumference of the tire, the diameter of the tire is also important. For this, it's recommended that you choose from the golf cart's manufacturer. That way you can make sure it's the best fit.
The actual wheel, if made from aluminum, will provide the best quality, as they will last the longest. If you opt for cheaper tires, you'll get some that are made from synthetic material, which will almost guarantee that you'll be buying another set sooner rather than later.
If aluminum is out of your price range, most wheels that come with the cart are made from alloy. Alloy still provides what you need as well as polished look on the cart.
Just like choosing a tire for you car, there are a wide variety of tires to choose from. A popular choice is one that has special treading. Some tires, such as the Mud lite has a unique feature that exists in its center tread that allows for a super smooth ride in almost any terrain. This could prove extremely useful if you find yourself playing golf despite the rainy forecast.
Other tires are specifically designed to drive best in snow or sand/desert areas. Both types of tires are quite wide and so the lining up and the grip is structured in an interlocking manner that aids in braking.
Although it's not the most intriguing purchase for your golf cart, you'll be a lot happier if you have the right wheels on your cart, capable of handling the right type of road.
Michelle Brown is a full time student and freelance writer for www.radicalgolfcarts.com.
What's New - New Articles, Content and Blogs About Golf
- Why You Should Put More Thought Into Your Golf Cart Wheels by Michelle B.
- Golf Rolf: Building a Better Golfer: Play Golf? Get Rolfed by Sandy Eha
- Registration Still Open for 2009 Chamber Classic Presented by Ashev... by Asheville Area Chamber...
- French Broad River Fishing Report - May 8 2013 by Chris Manderson
- Family Fun in Asheville, NC by Daniel Cropper
- French Broad River Fishing Report - April 24 2013 by Chris Manderson
- French Broad River Fishing Report - April 3 2013 by Chris Manderson
- French Broad River Fishing Report - March 13 2013 by Chris Manderson
- French Broad River Fishing Report - February 20 2013 by Chris Manderson
- French Broad River Fishing Report - January 30 2013 by Chris Manderson
- Asheville's Newest Outdoor Adventures: Asheville Treetops Adventure... by Daniel Cropper
- French Broad River Fishing Report - Winter 2012 - 2013 by Chris Manderson
- French Broad River Fishing Report - October 16th, 2012 by Chris Manderson
- Man to Man by Edrianna Stilwell
- A Mobile Fresh Start for Spring by Melissa McIntyre
- RampItUpCooking.com Publishes Innovative Cookbook, 'Rapturous Ramp ... by Melinda Knies
- Weaverville Art Safari Showcases Regional Talent with Free Studio T... by Sherida Buchanan
- Personal Mind Mapping Workshop Launches in Asheville this March by Jennifer Losch
- Asheville Talent Slam! by Rock Eblen
- Transcendental Meditation: The new prescription for your health? by Tom Ball
- Richard Christian Nelson Studio River Arts District-Open House by Kimberly Nelson
- What is Reflexology? by Steven Martin
- Joseph Campbell's Wisdom Hits Home: Local Author Publishes First Book by Mark Bloom
About the Author - Michelle B.
Contact Michelle B.:
Radical Golf Carts