What is Reflexology?
What is Reflexology?
Many people have heard of reflexology but aren't sure exactly what it is or what it can do for them. Reflexology is a technique that uses the fingers to apply alternating pressure to specific points (often on the feet ) that correspond to specific places in the body. By applying pressure to these points, energy flow can be stimulated and circulation improved. This in turn can reduce stress and promote deep relaxation and healing throughout the body.
Reflexology has roots in ancient healing arts and was pioneered in the United States in the early 1930s by two medical doctors and a physiotherapist named Eunice Ingham. There is a growing body of evidence documenting the health benefits of reflexology; from general relaxation, to specific effects such as decreased pain and swelling, improved digestion and breathing, and better sleep.
For more information, please visit my web site: www.wncreflexology.com.
What's New - New Articles, Content and Blogs About Beauty Salons and Spa Services
- Natural Body Care Products by Denise Kampouris
- Resources for Domestic Violence Victims in North Carolina by Asheville Now
- French Broad Chocolates Factory Opening by Manny Figaro
- Asheville Sun Soo Tae Kwon Do by Tony Morris
- Massage Education: Fusion with Yoga for Sustainable Healing Practices by Asheville Massage School
- The Cove to Serve as a Drop-off Location for Operation Christmas Child by Jill Wagner
- Dan Black: Navigating the New Normal by Brenda Cooke
- New Social-Recreation Groups For Youth with Autism! by Sylvia van Meerten
- Providing Mini-Vacations - Get-A-Ways in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee! by jc carlos
- Check Out this Inspiring Event and Get a Chance to Attend for Free by Asheville Now
- Can't find housing in Buncombe County by Angela Menius
- Asheville Screen Printing's Open House - Free Drinks, Live Printing... by Asheville Screen Printing
- Asheville 1960s Band Recordings Saved & Re-Mastered for Up-Comi... by Dan Lewis
- Sacred Fashion Anna Gordon Chooses Blue Lace For Asheville Fashion ... by Kelly Calhoun
- Funny Business at The Millroom Presents Aaron Kleiber by Michael Yoder
- The story of how an Old Boat Shed, and some Old Friends helped Insp... by Constance Vlahoulis
- CranioSacral Therapy & Therapeutic MassageTestimonials by Rowan Farrell-Trombetta
- The Adventure Center of Asheville offers Discount for Locals in Jan... by Sarah Dickson
- How to Downsize from Living in a Big House to Living in a Small Apa... by Asheville Now
- The Many Benefits of Pre-Natal Massage by Tom Dunn