Tupelo Honey Cafe Revamps Kids Menu To Offer More Healthy Choices
Partners with Asheville Independent Restaurants, Earth Fare to Fight Childhood Obesity
Tupelo Honey Cafe recognizes there is a special need to educate kids about making wise food choices. As a response to a growing concern about childhood obesity, both nationally as well as locally, the restaurant has developed additional kids' menu offerings that are fun, healthful and most important, tasty. Noted on the menu with a tomato icon, the newest fare includes an emphasis on whole grains, lean protein as well as fruits and vegetables. Examples include veggie sliders, grilled Mahi Mahi, free-range chicken and vegetable farm fresh sides- from which you can also create your own individual veggie plate.
The philosophy goes hand in hand with a partnership with Asheville Independent Restaurant Association and Earth Fare, where six area restaurants including Corner Kitchen, Bouchon, Green Sage, The Blue Ridge Dining Room at The Grove Park Inn Resort and Spa and The Laughing Seed Cafe are participating in the "Food Field Trip" program. Earth Fare and these AIR restaurants will offer area schools curriculum highlighting the importance of healthy food choices. Classes will compete for the opportunity to visit one of the participating restaurants for a hands-on learning experience about preparing nutritious food and the benefits of a healthy diet.
"Through these local collaborations we hope to do our part in offering additional choices as well as educating our youth on the value of a balanced, healthy meal," says owner Steve Frabitore "We also plan to get involved on a broader level through the Chefs Move to Schools program developed by First Lady Michelle Obama, by participating in cooking demonstrations throughout our school system." Tupelo Honey Cafe's Executive Chef Brian Sonoskus, who is among 45 chefs committed to participating, plans to bring produce grown at the restaurant's garden to local elementary schools to teach children ideas for recipes at home.
Tupelo Honey Cafe has two locations, 12 College Street in downtown Asheville and in South Asheville at 1829 Hendersonville Road. To view all menu options and any additional information visit, www.tupelohoneycafe.com.
Content Source: ashvegas.com
What's New - New Articles, Content and Blogs About Healthy Resources
- Tupelo Honey Cafe Revamps Kids Menu To Offer More Healthy Choices by Christine Sykes Lowe
- Urban Harvest Dinner to Highlight Top Chefs, Local Food, Urban Agri... by Jodi Rhoden
- 10 Naturopathic Tips for Healthy Eating During the Holidays by Dr. Eric Lewis, ND
- Holistic Nutrition in the Kitchen: The Truth About Cooking Oils Par... by Dr. Kristina Taylor Le...
- Holistic Nutrition in the Kitchen: The Truth About Cooking Oils Part I by Dr. Kristina Taylor Le...
- Lowdown Food Truck Interview by Manny Figaro
- Have you heard about Blind Pig of Asheville??? by Justin Belleme
- 20% Local Discount - New Culinary Horizons at the Grove Park Inn Re... by Asheville Now
- Asheville Independent Restaurants Unveil a New Flavor at Taste of A... by Justin Belleme
- Asheville's Newest Cookbook - Tupelo Honey Cafe by Explore Asheville
- New Dining Concept Coming to the Grove Park Inn Resort and Spa by Asheville Now
- Pets Now Welcome at Asheville Restaurants by Explore Asheville
- Emerging Fast Casual BBQ Concept Spreads into Asheville by Moe's Original Bar B Que
- Short Street Cakes Launches New Spring Menu on Wednesday, April 7th by Asheville Now
- Neo Cantina Gets Up and Running by Jason Sandford
- French Broad River Fishing Report - June 5 2013 by Chris Manderson
- Chyten announces summer ACT and SAT by Brian Caskey
- Chyten's Spring and Summer reading list, for parents of college-bou... by Brian Caskey
- French Broad River Fishing Report - May 8 2013 by Chris Manderson
- Family Fun in Asheville, NC by Daniel Cropper
- French Broad River Fishing Report - April 24 2013 by Chris Manderson
- Man to Man by Edrianna Stilwell
- French Broad River Fishing Report - April 3 2013 by Chris Manderson
- A Mobile Fresh Start for Spring by Melissa McIntyre
- RampItUpCooking.com Publishes Innovative Cookbook, 'Rapturous Ramp ... by Melinda Knies
About the Author - Christine Sykes Lowe
Contact Christine Sykes Lowe:
T3 Creative Group