Personal Mind Mapping Workshop Launches in Asheville this March
Mind mapping is an ancient technique of drawing out problems, thoughts and ideas. Some of the oldest forms of mind mapping date back to the 3rd century, when the concepts of Aristotle were graphically recorded.Today, motivators in the self-help industry are finding new ways to use mind maps as a tool for creating greater personal awareness.
Local graphic facilitator Breah Parker has created a new self-discovery workshop that uses mind mapping to help participants see and reach their full potential, and she says - "break out of old, unproductive ways of thinking that hold people back." The ground breaking technique Parker uses, is part psychology, part self-help, part mind mapping. The workshop aptly dubbed "What's Right With Me?," teaches individuals a process of visual self-inquiry, that answers life's most perplexing questions..."Who am I?", "What's special about me?", "What do I want out of life?" and "How do I get it?"
Parker, who is also the creator of Verbal Remedies, author of Dare to Dream and TedX Asheville lead speaker, has been using her unique brand of self-help graphics to inspire others for over ten years. "What's Right With Me?" is the culmination of all her experience. The two hour workshop launches in Asheville this March with plans to tour cities nationwide later this year.
"What's Right With Me?" - Utilizes a unique process where participants are taught to sketch out the answers to 13 key questions. The exercise taps into hidden thoughts and feelings, then puts them into a visual framework that illustrates how ones beliefs either benefit them, or hold them back. The mind map that each participant creates unveils their full potential and inspires a greater appreciation for all things.
When: Sunday, March 16, 2013, 1:30-3:30pm
Where: Nourish & Flourish, 347 Depot Street, Suite 201, River Arts District Asheville
Cost: $35/per person
Space is Limted. Pre-Registration encouraged: http://tinyurl.com/acmvj58
Breah Parker is a graphic facilitator, inspirational speaker, author, designer and illustrator, mom and grandmother. Breah has created graphic recordings for conferences, keynote speakers, seminars, workshops, and individuals, including author/teacher Marianne Williamson. For samples of Breah's work please visit www.blipstudio.com or www.peacandloveforall.com.
What's New - New Articles, Content and Blogs About Performing Arts
- Funny Business at The Millroom Presents Aaron Kleiber by Michael Yoder
- Daily Show Correspondent Wyatt Cenac Live in Asheville by Michael Yoder
- Charge of the Goddess Dance cycle Returns by Asheville Playback The...
- Seduction Sideshow Presents: Bedtime Stories by Seduction Sideshow
- Steve Davidowski and Friends Christmas Concert by Ellie Pinkham
- Personal Mind Mapping Workshop Launches in Asheville this March by Jennifer Losch
- Asheville Talent Slam! by Rock Eblen
- Seduction Sideshow Presents: Weapons of Mass Seduction... A Post-Ap... by Seduction Sideshow
- The Mast perform their debut piece Figure Eights at The Magnetic Fi... by Erin Scholze
- Celebrate Fall with a Masquerade in the Meadow! by Julie Tatol
- Asheville 1960s Band Recordings Saved & Re-Mastered for Up-Comi... by Dan Lewis
- Sacred Fashion Anna Gordon Chooses Blue Lace For Asheville Fashion ... by Kelly Calhoun
- The story of how an Old Boat Shed, and some Old Friends helped Insp... by Constance Vlahoulis
- Internet Privacy Is An Oxymoron: Best-Selling Tech Thriller Author ... by Donald Allen
- Professional Stand-up Comedy: Sara Schaefer co-host of MTV's late n... by Michael Yoder
- Professional Stand-up Comedy: Bengt Washburn (The Late Late Show wi... by Michael Yoder
- Professional Stand-up Comedy: Tom Simmons (Comedy Central, Showtim... by Michael Yoder
- Weaverville Art Safari Celebrates Spring with Free Studio Tours by Sherida Buchanan
- Comedy Central's Ben Kronberg at Lexington Avenue Brewery Thursday ... by Matt Ward
- Asheville Comedy: Professional Stand-up Comedy: Funny Business at t... by Michael Yoder
- Natural Body Care Products by Denise Kampouris
- Can't find housing in Buncombe County by Angela Menius
- Asheville Screen Printing's Open House - Free Drinks, Live Printing... by Asheville Screen Printing
- CranioSacral Therapy & Therapeutic MassageTestimonials by Rowan Farrell-Trombetta
- The Adventure Center of Asheville offers Discount for Locals in Jan... by Sarah Dickson
- How to Downsize from Living in a Big House to Living in a Small Apa... by Asheville Now
- The Many Benefits of Pre-Natal Massage by Tom Dunn
- Stray Boots and Asheville Local Expert Bring you a Mobile Scavenger... by Sarah Thompson
- French Broad River Fishing Report - July 9 2014 by Chris Manderson
- French Broad River Fishing Report - May 28 2014 by Chris Manderson
About the Author - Jennifer Losch
Contact Jennifer Losch:
Red Dog Digital Marketing