My Favs in Asheville!
I wanted to start a small blog to share the great places I love to haunt in Asheville. Most times I just sit and watch what is happening around me and just be in the moment. So, this is my first attempt to share this experience and hopefully help others find these great places in Asheville and experience them in a new way.
When I go to a place, or just walking around in the down town area, I try to be aware of what's going on around me. For example, when I'm at the coffee shop, I noticed the artwork on the wall. the people in the shop and might even listen in on just a little of the conversation. I have made some great connections over the years, and in some cases I see the same people over and over again, but never connected. I can't explain why I connect with some and not others, but there is always a familiarity with all of them.
My first pictures are my favorite morning coffee/bakery shop. You have to guess where it is, but it is a jewel in West Asheville!
The first picture is of a group of kids that met on a Saturday morning to have a "network" party. The parents are near by, and the kids immediately jumped on the free WiFi and got to work on the "reality" game. The interactions were great to watch and hear.
The next picture has some interesting folks. The first is a Mom standing over to the right with her newborn baby in a sling. So young and yet already out to the coffee/bakery shop! She had to stand to keep the baby satisfied, but she was able to enjoy her morning out. In this same picture kinda in the middle is a regular at this establishment. An older gentleman that has a regular social gathering.
The last picture is to show the art work on display. This artwork changes regularly from artist to artist. A treat to see what new art will be on display, and of course for sale!
That's it for my first post. More to come from other places, and probably from here again too!
What's New - New Articles, Content and Blogs About Featured Restaurants
- My Favs in Asheville! by Alan Hall
- Have you heard about Blind Pig of Asheville??? by Justin Belleme
- 20% Local Discount - New Culinary Horizons at the Grove Park Inn Re... by Asheville Now
- Asheville Independent Restaurants Unveil a New Flavor at Taste of A... by Justin Belleme
- New Dining Concept Coming to the Grove Park Inn Resort and Spa by Asheville Now
- Emerging Fast Casual BBQ Concept Spreads into Asheville by Moe's Original Bar B Que
- Neo Cantina Gets Up and Running by Jason Sandford
- Tupelo Honey Cafe (or Tupelo Two) by Darla Crabbe
- Goodbye Savoy, Hello Vinnies!! by Asheville Now
- Short Street Cakes Nurtures Young Business; Provides Outlet for Ne... by Jodi Rhoden
- Lowdown Food Truck Interview by Manny Figaro
- Asheville's Newest Cookbook - Tupelo Honey Cafe by Explore Asheville
- Pets Now Welcome at Asheville Restaurants by Explore Asheville
- Tupelo Honey Cafe Revamps Kids Menu To Offer More Healthy Choices by Christine Sykes Lowe
- Short Street Cakes Launches New Spring Menu on Wednesday, April 7th by Asheville Now
- AIR Announces the Culinary AffAIR 2010 Menu by Asheville Area Chamber...
- Ashvegas Restaurant Review: Lexington Avenue Brewery Has Ingredient... by Jason Sandford
- The LAB is Open for Your Mad-scientist Pleasure by Julie Atallah
- Asheville Winter Warmer Beer Festival set for Jan. 23 by Mark Lyons
- New stuff at Green Man Brewing by Julie Atallah
- Natural Body Care Products by Denise Kampouris
- Can't find housing in Buncombe County by Angela Menius
- Asheville Screen Printing's Open House - Free Drinks, Live Printing... by Asheville Screen Printing
- Asheville 1960s Band Recordings Saved & Re-Mastered for Up-Comi... by Dan Lewis
- Sacred Fashion Anna Gordon Chooses Blue Lace For Asheville Fashion ... by Kelly Calhoun
- Funny Business at The Millroom Presents Aaron Kleiber by Michael Yoder
- The story of how an Old Boat Shed, and some Old Friends helped Insp... by Constance Vlahoulis
- CranioSacral Therapy & Therapeutic MassageTestimonials by Rowan Farrell-Trombetta
- The Adventure Center of Asheville offers Discount for Locals in Jan... by Sarah Dickson
- How to Downsize from Living in a Big House to Living in a Small Apa... by Asheville Now
About the Author - Alan Hall
Contact Alan Hall: