Can't find housing in Buncombe County
Dear sir or madam
We have a problem and myself and my roommate have been given notice that our landlord is not going to renew our lease. We have lived here for the past five and a half years and called it home. We have to be out by May 31st. They are going to be doing major renovations and so they can raise the rent to a more market value they say.
We are two females, 55+ years old, on disability, and Patti has had a stroke and I have chronic back pain.
For the last six months, we have been looking for a place to move to. We need a 2 br 2 bth on the ground floor. We have contacted the following:
Housing authority- we make a little too much money to qualify
Homeward Bound – called all the listings they gave us, the places are either on a waiting list, too high rent, or don't qualify
We have contacted all listings on Craig's list, all the newspapers, affordable housing listings, and we get the following response: we make too much, the place is too much, they have already rented it, or they want a deposit immediately and we don't have it. These are very few and far between.
We called the Eblin foundation, ABBCM, Adverts members no response, Swannanoa Ministries and they gave us a list and we called all of them, no luck. I have put out flyers asking for help and we haven't gotten no response.
We are trying to get a USDA loan and we are waiting for an answer. I don't even know if our credit will allow us to even get a loan. We were approved for a mobile home but, they wanted 25% down ($29,900) which we don't have and then the payments were $990 a month. What!!!! We are just getting by with paying $625 a month on this apartment.
We need help!!!! We have only until may 2016 to find a place and there are no places we can afford and they are just not available. What are we to do? We don't have any money, but if the apt is in good shape when we leave we will get our deposit back but that does not help us now.
We do not want to be put out in the street. I spoke to the landlord for an extension if we can't get a place, he told me we have to be out on May 31st, he has workers coming in and are on a schedule. So he will put us out.
PLEASE HELP US. I know there must be others in the same situation we are in. We don't know what to do. We are spinning our wheels calling all these places and keep getting told no. I have called the news V station several times and explained our situation put no one calls me back.
What are we to do keep calling and not get anywhere and end up on the street and loss everything we have? We need the help of our community to help us and realize what disabled individuals are having to go through. We are terrified of what is waiting for us and scared we are going to get lost in a system that did not care to help their own.
Please help us
Thank you for your time Angela Menius
Patti Blackwell 828-357-8483
What's New - New Articles, Content and Blogs About Asheville Real Estate
- Can't find housing in Buncombe County by Angela Menius
- Should I Build or Buy My Home in Asheville? by Daniel Cropper
- Finding The Best Asheville Building Contractors by Daniel Cropper
- Asheville Custom Modular Homes Save Time, Money and the Environment by Daniel Cropper
- The Least of These by Chris Berthiaume
- Feng Shui for Real Estate, Asheville or Anywhere by Donna Bogren
- In A Vanderbilt's Backyard by Verbal Kint
- Is Now the Right Time to Buy? by Mark Vanderhoff
- First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credits by Mark Vanderhoff
- 10 Ways to Make Sure Your House Sells! by Sandy Sibley
- CranioSacral Therapy & Therapeutic MassageTestimonials by Rowan Farrell-Trombetta
- How to Downsize from Living in a Big House to Living in a Small Apa... by Asheville Now
- The Many Benefits of Pre-Natal Massage by Tom Dunn
- Chyten announces summer ACT and SAT by Brian Caskey
- Chyten's Spring and Summer reading list, for parents of college-bou... by Brian Caskey
- Man to Man by Edrianna Stilwell
- Transcendental Meditation: The new prescription for your health? by Tom Ball
- Testimonials by Patrick McMahon
- City of Asheville Youth Leadership Academy - CAYLA by Manny Figaro
- Chyten's SAT Boot Camp to be offered during Carolina Day's summer p... by Brian Caskey
- Natural Body Care Products by Denise Kampouris
- Asheville Screen Printing's Open House - Free Drinks, Live Printing... by Asheville Screen Printing
- Asheville 1960s Band Recordings Saved & Re-Mastered for Up-Comi... by Dan Lewis
- Sacred Fashion Anna Gordon Chooses Blue Lace For Asheville Fashion ... by Kelly Calhoun
- Funny Business at The Millroom Presents Aaron Kleiber by Michael Yoder
- The story of how an Old Boat Shed, and some Old Friends helped Insp... by Constance Vlahoulis
- The Adventure Center of Asheville offers Discount for Locals in Jan... by Sarah Dickson
- Internet Privacy Is An Oxymoron: Best-Selling Tech Thriller Author ... by Donald Allen
- Daily Show Correspondent Wyatt Cenac Live in Asheville by Michael Yoder
- Charge of the Goddess Dance cycle Returns by Asheville Playback The...
Post A Comment
About the Author - Angela Menius
Contact Angela Menius: