Ask Bubbi Advice Column - Monday May 3rd 2010
I have the world's best Mother-in-law, but I have a problem with my Mother. She is jealous of that! We all live within miles of each other. I try to spend time with both of them, but every time my mother hears that I'm with Cathy (name changed) she acts like I don't love her enough. The truth is...Cathy and I have a lot in common and she's a lot of fun to be with. How do I get my Mother to lighten up?
~Always A Loving Daughter
Dear Always A Loving Daughter,
How lucky you are to have a Mother-in-law like Cathy! She sounds like a gem! First thing that pops in my head is...Get together with both of them! Even if they are as different as night and day, a nice lunch and some great conversation could be fun for everyone. Your mother may be concerned that you are replacing her...Put her mind at ease!
My boyfriend and I are feuding because he wants to get another dog and I don't! I am not a dog lover and fought him on getting the first dog, but I finally gave in! Now his friend needs to get rid of his dog because he is going to live overseas. The apartment is in my name so it's not going to be ME who moves out if this isn't resolved. How should I handle this?
Dear Angry Girlfriend,
Sounds like you're still harboring some grudges from having to "give in" the first time. If this dog issue is something that bothers you that much, then your boyfriend should respect your feelings. If he decides having another dog is more important than his relationship with you, then he needs to move out! You do have the upper hand because the lease is in your name.
About Ask Bubbi
Ever known a Jewish Grandmother? (Bubbi). They're born matchmakers and problem solvers, capable of fixing any issue with a bowl of matza ball soup and some humorous, no nonsense advice.
Send in your relationship or other questions to email@example.com.
All questions will be answered on AshevilleNow.com
Note: By submitting a question, you give AshevilleNow.com permission to publish your question. Names will be changed to protect your privacy.
What's New - New Articles, Content and Blogs About Blogs
- Asheville School of Massage & Yoga: DIRECTOR'S PERSPECTIVE by Asheville Massage School
- Helping Haiti's Homeless by Verbal Kint
- Southeast Mountain Community Extends Help to the Gulf by Explore Asheville
- Ask Bubbi Advice Column - Monday May 24th 2010 by Ask Bubbi
- Ask Bubbi Advice Column - Monday May 17th 2010 by Ask Bubbi
- Ask Bubbi Advice Column - Monday May 10th 2010 by Ask Bubbi
- Ask Bubbi Advice Column - Monday May 3rd 2010 by Ask Bubbi
- Ask Bubbi Advice Column - Monday April 26th 2010 by Ask Bubbi
- Ask Bubbi Advice Column - Monday April 19th 2010 by Ask Bubbi
- Ask Bubbi Advice Column - Monday April 12th 2010 by Ask Bubbi
- Autism Consulting and Training, Inc. now offers visual strategies t... by Jennifer Strauss
- Thoughts On Turning Sixty by Debi Drecksler
- Unique Fall Adventures in Asheville by Explore Asheville
- Fall Travel Packages for Asheville, NC by Explore Asheville
- Fall Color Report - It's Officially the Last Week of Summer by Explore Asheville
- Tourism Officials Award $2.25 Million to Community Projects by Explore Asheville
- Use These Vacation Stress Relief Strategies for Optimum Results by Gail Stein
- Asheville Based AvL Technologies Announces Significant Expansion Plans by Asheville Area Chamber...
- YWCA TWIN Honorees Announced by YWCA Asheville
- Patsy Keever Endorsed By The Women's National Campaign Forum by Asheville Now
- French Broad River Fishing Report - May 8 2013 by Chris Manderson
- Family Fun in Asheville, NC by Daniel Cropper
- French Broad River Fishing Report - April 24 2013 by Chris Manderson
- Man to Man by Edrianna Stilwell
- French Broad River Fishing Report - April 3 2013 by Chris Manderson
- A Mobile Fresh Start for Spring by Melissa McIntyre
- RampItUpCooking.com Publishes Innovative Cookbook, 'Rapturous Ramp ... by Melinda Knies
- French Broad River Fishing Report - March 13 2013 by Chris Manderson
- Weaverville Art Safari Showcases Regional Talent with Free Studio T... by Sherida Buchanan
- Personal Mind Mapping Workshop Launches in Asheville this March by Jennifer Losch
About the Author - Ask Bubbi
Contact Ask Bubbi: