Asheville Independent Restaurants Unveil a New Flavor at Taste of Asheville
Asheville Independent Restaurants (AIR) will celebrate a big evening of what makes Asheville a culinary destination beginning at 7 p.m. November 18 at The Venue. Not only will 30 talented chefs dazzle attendees at AIR's Taste of Asheville event, but it will also launch a new look, direction and focus for the organization.
Entry to the event is a bargain. Attendees will simply purchase AIR's new Taste of Asheville Passport, a coupon booklet representing over $600 in dining savings at AIR restaurants. Cost of the Passport is $50 per person and serves as a ticket to the Taste of Asheville. Couples will receive one Passport (and admission for two to the Taste of Asheville event) for $75.
Fans of Asheville's many independent restaurants will want to purchase a Taste of Asheville Passport, regardless of their ability to attend the November 18 event since the $600 in savings - a tremendous value - is good for one year. Passports are available at www.airasheville.org and at The Asheville Store in the Convention and Visitors Bureau at 36 Montford Avenue.
A portion of the proceeds from the evening ticket sales, as well as all proceeds from the silent auction will benefit AIR's Chefs of Tomorrow Scholarships for culinary students at AB-Tech.
"We have a lot to be excited about with the event this year," said AIR President Kevin Schwartz, "and we're eager to share our new direction and initiatives as an organization. I think our community will embrace our renewed commitment to Asheville as one of the nation's top culinary destinations."
Participating restaurants for the 2010 Taste of Asheville event are Bistro 1896, City Bakery, The Green Sage, Bouchon, Bouchon Street Food, Vinnie's Italian, Corner Kitchen, Gianni Panini, Mela, Frankie Bones, Laughing Seed, Tupelo Honey Cafe, Vincenzo's, Curras Nuevo Cuisine, French Broad Chocolate Lounge, Pomodoros, Blue Ridge Dining Room at Grove Park Inn, Sunset Terrace at Grove Park Inn, Horizons at Grove Park Inn, Jack of the Wood, Laurey's, Blue Water Seafood, Zambra, The Market Place, Pack's Tavern, Burgermeister's, Luella's Barbecue, Tingles Cafe, Sazerac, Mela and Lexington Avenue Brewery. The event features wines and beer from AIR industry partners.
For tickets, go to www.airasheville.org or visit the Asheville Convention and Visitors Bureau at 36 Montford Avenue
What's New - New Articles, Content and Blogs About Featured Restaurants
- Have you heard about Blind Pig of Asheville??? by Justin Belleme
- 20% Local Discount - New Culinary Horizons at the Grove Park Inn Re... by Asheville Now
- Asheville Independent Restaurants Unveil a New Flavor at Taste of A... by Justin Belleme
- New Dining Concept Coming to the Grove Park Inn Resort and Spa by Asheville Now
- Emerging Fast Casual BBQ Concept Spreads into Asheville by Moe's Original Bar B Que
- Neo Cantina Gets Up and Running by Jason Sandford
- Tupelo Honey Cafe (or Tupelo Two) by Darla Crabbe
- Goodbye Savoy, Hello Vinnies!! by Asheville Now
- Short Street Cakes Nurtures Young Business; Provides Outlet for Ne... by Jodi Rhoden
- AIR Brings Back the Main Course Dining Program for 2010 by Asheville Now
- Lowdown Food Truck Interview by Manny Figaro
- Asheville's Newest Cookbook - Tupelo Honey Cafe by Explore Asheville
- Pets Now Welcome at Asheville Restaurants by Explore Asheville
- Tupelo Honey Cafe Revamps Kids Menu To Offer More Healthy Choices by Christine Sykes Lowe
- Short Street Cakes Launches New Spring Menu on Wednesday, April 7th by Asheville Now
- AIR Announces the Culinary AffAIR 2010 Menu by Asheville Area Chamber...
- Ashvegas Restaurant Review: Lexington Avenue Brewery Has Ingredient... by Jason Sandford
- The LAB is Open for Your Mad-scientist Pleasure by Julie Atallah
- Asheville Winter Warmer Beer Festival set for Jan. 23 by Mark Lyons
- New stuff at Green Man Brewing by Julie Atallah
- French Broad River Fishing Report - May 8 2013 by Chris Manderson
- Family Fun in Asheville, NC by Daniel Cropper
- French Broad River Fishing Report - April 24 2013 by Chris Manderson
- Man to Man by Edrianna Stilwell
- French Broad River Fishing Report - April 3 2013 by Chris Manderson
- A Mobile Fresh Start for Spring by Melissa McIntyre
- RampItUpCooking.com Publishes Innovative Cookbook, 'Rapturous Ramp ... by Melinda Knies
- French Broad River Fishing Report - March 13 2013 by Chris Manderson
- Weaverville Art Safari Showcases Regional Talent with Free Studio T... by Sherida Buchanan
- Personal Mind Mapping Workshop Launches in Asheville this March by Jennifer Losch